Friday, February 4, 2011

About Me

I thought I would start this blog out with an introduction. My name is Vicki Talbott and I have been a Freelance Photographer on and off for many years. My love of photos started when I was a child as it does with many Professional Photographers. It seems to be something that a lot of people start noticing when they are young children. It may start with how you view nature or the look on someone’s face and you think to yourself I wish I had a picture of that tree or someone’s expression that was priceless. That being said not everyone understood how I looked at nature. I would take photos of ice on blades of grass and think it was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen and people would say why would you waste film on that? Well it was just very unique to me and it’s not something you would see every day. I remember taking many photos of my nieces and nephews when they were small and looking at them over and over again even now to see how much they had grown and changed. It’s just a great representation of life and how you don’t realize how much things and don’t stay the same.
As I got older I started to photograph concerts, cars and events and really enjoy the beauty of those things as well as people and places. My work in early years was all through networking and people telling other people about me. This is my favorite method because a happy client can be your best advertiser. I have since learned marketing and graphic skills so I’m perfectly capable of promoting what I do and myself.
Currently my favorite photo shoots involve high school seniors. I guess one of the main reasons is that I love kids but I have also come to realize that this is just the beginning of their trek into adulthood and they are so excited to be finishing high school. It’s a pivotal point in their lives and the students have a certain glow that is wonderful to work with. I also shoot weddings, families, products, kids and many other things as well as design almost anything that can be printed. I have been a professional Graphic Designer for many years as well. These two professions are a great combination because I can create and design a whole package for Birthdays, Senior Open Houses and other events from start to finish. I love what I do and love that I can do it on my own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog